Facilitating Small Groups
Course Fact Sheet
This workshop will enhance participants’ knowledge and training/facilitation skills related to effectively facilitating Effective Behavioral Interventions (EBI’s).
This 2-day workshop is designed to enhance individual’s skills in training on Effective Behavioral Interventions and other related HIV prevention programs. It includes group, pair and individual activities. The activities include a review of various teaching strategies, identification of the qualities to becoming an effective trainer and understanding how to effectively work with a co-trainer to conduct Effective Behavioral Interventions (EBI’s) through demonstration and practice.
· Participants will be able to explain the various stages of group development
· Participants will be able to identify the characteristics of adult learning
· Participants will be able to identify the difference between training and facilitation
· Participants will be able to describe and model various training and facilitation techniques
· Participants will be able to develop strategies on how to manage challenging participants in their training sessions
· Participants will practice the delivery of facilitating a training component through an assigned teach back